How to Monitor Your Dog with Tagg
Do you miss your dog when you are off at work? Does your dog often escape from your backyard? Your very own Android phone or tablet can become your tool to keep you updated on your dog’s location using Tagg, a special collar that links to your Android phone.
Getting the Tagg Tracker Collar and App
1. Buy a Tagg Pet Tracker collar. The Tagg Pet Tracker is available online at Amazon.com or at Tagg’s website for $119.95. It’s also available in pet stores near you.
2. Open the Google Play Store. Search for the Play Store app on your home screen or app drawer, and tap on it. It has a logo of a white bag and a triangle in front.
3. Search for Tagg. Type in “Tagg—the Pet Tracker” on the Play Store’s search bar, which is a text field that says “Search Google Play” on the upper right section of the screen.
- Afterwards, tap on the magnifier icon to launch the search.
4. Select the Tagg app from the search results. You will be taken to the app’s information page.
- The app’s icon is blue with a white paw print on it and the word “tagg” at the bottom. The app is released by Snaptracs, Inc.
- If you cannot find Tagg on Google Play, you can visit this site for a download link to the app on Google Play.
5. Download the app. Click on the green “Install” button on the right side of the Tagg app page. A small pop-up window will then appear asking you to grant the app all the necessary permissions for it to run.
- Click on the “Accept” button if you are amenable then wait for Tagg to download and be installed onto your device.
- A “Successfully installed” message will then appear on your screen once Tagg is ready. The app icon will show both on your device’s home screen and apps menu.
Using Tagg to Monitor Your Dog’s Location
1. Charge the Tagg tracker. You need to plug in the docking station to the charger cord then plug the cord into an available outlet. Make sure that your docking station switch, present at the lower back portion, is flipped ON.
- Place the tracker over the Docking station. The tracker must be lit and facing the front to be activated. The docking station will take 2 hours to get fully charged. After it’s fully charged, the tracker can easily work for about 30 days.
- Newer models don’t have a docking station switch. The Tagg docking station cannot be powered through your computer’s USB port, so you must charge it through the cord available in the power kit.
- As soon as the tracker is docked correctly the tracker status indicator flashes blue; once it’s fully charged, it flashes a solid blue color.
2. Launch Tagg on your Android device. Locate the app either on your home screen or app drawer, and tap on it to launch it.
3. Tap on “New user area” on the Tagg application home page. You need to fill in your details like your username, e-mail ID, mobile phone number, and 3 security questions.
4. Enter your Track ID to verify the user details. The 9-letter ID is on the back side of the tracker.
5. Enter “Dog” as the pet type. The pet type can be entered by tapping the Pet Type drop-down menu.
6. Enter the pet name. This can be done in the space just below the Pet Type drop-down menu.
7. Tap on “Continue.” This will save all the information you entered in the previous steps.
8. Put in the location of your pet. Enter the address where your pet will be for most of the time in the “Verify your Pet’s address” window.
- For instance, you can enter your house address as your pet will be spending most of its time there. This will set up the location as the safe area for your pet.
9. Enter your city, state, and zip code. This will complete the tag area details.
10. Tap on “Update Map.” This will show your location on a map. It is located on the right section of the “Verify your pet’s address” window.
11. Drag the Tagg zone to set your dog’s safe areas. The more you drag, the larger the area will be for your Tagg zone. The Tagg zone is the area where you deem your dog is safe.
- It is recommended to limit your Tagg area zone so that the chances of losing your dog will be minimum.
12. Rename the Tagg zone. Do this on the “Name of your Tagg zone” option on the map screen.
13. Tap on “Save Tagg Zone.” It is the blue button located on the lower right portion of the screen.
14. Attach the collar and Tagg tracker on your dog. Remove the Tagg tracker from the charging station, attach it to the collar clip, and attach the collar around your dog’s neck. You will receive a confirmation on the app that you’ve attached the pet tracker correctly.
15. Monitor your dog’s movement. Whenever you want to view your dog’s location, just launch Tagg, and you’ll see your dog’s movement on the map.
- Whenever your dog moves out of the Tagg zone, you will automatically get a notification on your registered email or a text on your registered mobile number.